So, I thought of what ingredients are in season now and what I should be cooking to make my throat feel better.
Decided on doing something with water chestnuts since its the Chinese New Year season. You can sure find it. So check out this simple dessert for the whole family!
- one bag of water chestnuts
- one egg
- rock sugar
- pandan leaves
- corn starch
- gingko nuts (optional)
1) Peel the skin of the water chestnuts (This is the most troublesome step for this dish!) and cut them in small pieces.
2) Boil about 4-5 bowls of water. Add one rock sugar in it as well as pandan leaves.
3) Then add the water chestnuts and gingko (optional) in. Let it cook over medium low heat. Cook it till you are satisfied with the taste and the quantity.
4) Put corn starch to thicken it a little (optional)
5) Put in beaten egg before turning off the fire. Stir it so that the egg is dissolve and cooked nicely.
You can eat this warm or chilled. Up to you!