Pls note that you need about 2 days to do this recipe comfortably. So do it way in advance. If you want to do it within a day, it is also possible. Just be sure to start off the day early doing it as you need time to chill.
- Digestive biscuits (Need about 10-12 pieces)
- Butter 80-90g
- Gelatin Powder (1 TB)
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 50g of icing sugar
- 6 strawberries cut in halves
- 90-100g of strawberry Jelly (Jell-O)
- 9 x 9 inch square tray
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1) You can either crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor or in my case, I transfer it to my tin tray and smashed it up by using my potato masher.
2) Melt the butter in a saucepan over low fire.
Steps: Cream cheese filling
1) Add gelatin powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Stir it till completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2) Add the block of cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla essence into the mixer and give it a good mix
(Be sure that the cream cheese is in room temperature before mixing so that it is not hard)
3) Add the cooled down gelatin water in together with the cream cheese a little at a time. Keep mixing
4) Finally, the mixture should look like milkshake- runny smooth liquid with no lumps
5) Use a fork to prick holes all over the biscuit base. Pour the creamed mixture into the tray
6) Place your strawberry hearts even spread out in rows. Then leave it to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. This is my first time trying. So as you can see, the strawberries are facing the wrong side.
1) Mix the strawberry jelly powder with 3/4 cup of boiling water. Mix it such that the powder dissolves completely.
2) Then, add 3/4 cup of cold water to it. Mix well. Cool it down first before pouring into the tray if not the cheese will melt.
3) After pouring the mixture in, chill it for at least 4 hours for the jelly to set.
To cut this, you need a sharp knife with a thin blade. Prepare a bowl of boiling water to dip the knife, wiped it and cut it to ensure a clean cut. Always wipe the knife off before doing the next cut.
Enjoy this dessert with your loved ones! Happy Valentine's Day!