This is a great savory dish perfect with rice as it is tasty and simple.
Just this dish with one vegetable dish will be enough for dinner.
Ingredients (for 3-4)
- Chicken (whichever parts you like to eat. I would recommend chicken drumsticks/thighs/wings. Basically, anything with a little of fats or skin would be good for this dish)
- Potatoes (About 3)
- Oyster Sauce (1 TB)
- Dark Soy Sauce (2 TB)
1) Cut up the ginger and potatoes, as well as marinate the chicken with oyster sauce and dark soy sauce
2) Heat up a pot and add oil in high fire
3) Put in ginger and fry it in the pot by stirring continuously in high heat
4) Then you throw in the cut potatoes
5) After that, throw in the chicken. Add about a cup or two cups of water to the chicken bowl and pour in to the pot. Once it starts boiling, you turn down the fire to let it simmer
6) Cook it for about 30 mins or when you see the gravy is sufficient enough for your dish and taste it before you switch off the fire.
Enjoy this simple and yet tasty dish!