Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Rice Cooker "Claypot" Chicken Rice

This is the kind of food I love- tasty, easy, one-pot meal! I opted to use my rice cooker as my claypot was too small for 3-4 people and moreover, it is definitely more healthy to use the rice cooker as the rice would get charred and stick to the claypot. So in the end, you will be eating the crispy burnt bits of rice and wasting lots of rice (though I have to admit, I love the crispy bits).

Ingredients (for 3-4)
- Dried Mushrooms (9 small ones)
- one whole chinese pork sausage finely sliced
- half chinese pork liver sausage finely sliced
- 6 chicken wings (cut to separate the wing from the drum)
- ginger (about size of 2 thumbs)
- rice


There are some who do not like to eat the pork liver sausage. My hubby and children do not like too, that's why I add only half a sausage. It really makes the rice more flavourful. So I suggest if you don't mind trying it but scared that you will not be able to take it, you can cut them really fine and small so that you can't see the sausage when it is cooked with the rice. In the end, my hubby and children just slurped up the whole thing without complaining anymore about pork liver sausage as if they didnt know it existed. Woo hoo!

Steps
1) Marinate the chicken wings with 1-2 TB of dark sauce and 1TB of oyster sauce. Bruise the ginger and try to squeeze whatever juice you can for the chicken. Then dump the rest of the ginger with the chicken.

2) Soak the dried mushrooms in a bowl of water

3) Wash your rice in the rice cooker. Use the water of the dried mushrooms to add to it after you washed your rice and when you are done soaking your dried mushrooms. So instead of the usual water for cooking your rice, I used the dried mushrooms water and if not enough, you can either top up with water or chicken stock.

4) Then place all your ingredients inside.



5) And once your rice cooker says its done, it is done!

Enjoy! Your children will definitely love this!


No comments:

Post a Comment