Making your own garlic bread is a point of no return- once you learnt how to do it, you will never want to buy those frozen garlic bread from supermarkets or from any pizza fast food restaurants. It is not only easy but the taste and crunch is so much better and fresher. The best thing is that you can make the garlic bread paste and store in the fridge for breakfast spread as and when you like or even for grilling your prawns or marinating your chicken/beef.
So each time I make, I will make lots of it to store. It will come in very handy!
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 250g of butter (whole block)
- chopped parsley (best if its fresh. I couldn't find. So I used dried)
- olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1) Peel the garlic and add into the blender together with salt, parsley and olive oil. Just add enough olive oil to smoothen and blend the mixture.
2) Blend the above ingredients first
3) Then add the unsalted butter in, batch by batch and blend
After that, you will just add up like margarine texture but with the garlic and herb taste and smell. Really yummy.
Then you just spread it on your french loaf or any kind of bread, top with parmesan cheese (optional) and toast it!
Serve this with a warm bowl of soup or just simply for breakfast! So easy with only 3 steps, you've definitely got to make it your own!