This dish has been one of my children's favourite! They can slurp up two bowls of chicken rice!
Basically, for this post, I will just teach you how to make the chicken rice as well as the chilli. As for the chicken, I only marinate with salt, sesame oil, ginger and steam it. Ater steaming, just ice bath it. So that one is quite simple.
Chicken Rice Recipe
1) Put margarine into a heated frying pan
2) Add sesame oil into frying pan
3) Add Chicken fat (get from the chicken you use to steam)
4) Add minced shallots, sliced ginger, minced garlic. Make sure it does not go brown
5) Put the washed rice into the frying pan and mix
6) Add light soya sauce
7) Transfer all into the rice cooker to cook
Chicken Rice Chilli Recipe
4 Fresh big chilli - deseeded
5 Chilli Padi - leave the seeds on
Ginger - 1 thumbsize
Garlic - 4 cloves
Salt - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 TB
Lime - 1
Blend the above ingredients and voila! You get your chilli to go with your chicken rice!
For the quantity, please feel free to adjust according to your taste and liking. So after blending, you just adjust accordingly.
Here's what I had for dinner! Enjoy!