Hope you will enjoy as much as my friends did.
Ingredients (makings about 10- 12 muffins)
- 3-4 ripe bananas mashed (the more ripe, the better)
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar ( I have already reduced it. If you a sweet tooth, then go for 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup of melted butter (do in a pot low fire)
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 TB of plain flour
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1 TB of butter
1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius. Lightly grease the muffin cups and lay in the muffin baking tray
2) In a mixing bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
|melted butter just added|
3) Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
(Important point: Leave the batter to rest for about 1 hour) Spoon batter into the muffin cups laid in the tray. Put about 3/4 of the cup.
4) In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, 2 TB of flour and cinnamon. Cut the 1 TB of butter and mix it with your hands to resemble coarse sand. Sprinkle the toppings over muffins.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 mins. Insert a toothpick into the center of the muffin and see if it comes out clean to know its ready.
|First batch of muffins|
|Final batch of muffins|
As you can see the difference in the batches. The earliest batch came out quite flat. So from experience, it is very important to leave your batter to rest for about 45 mins to one hour so that the muffin can come out nicely shaped.