Give it a try! Makes a great party snack!
- cabbage (sliced thinly)
- bean sprouts
- carrots (sliced thinly)
- garlic (minced)
- flat leaf parsley (chopped finely)
- bean curd puffs
1) Add some oil to the frying pan/wok. Throw in your garlic.
2) Add the sliced carrots before your garlic turns brown
3) Add your sliced cabbage and stir fry it
4) Then add bean sprouts
5) Season it with salt and soya sauce to your liking.
6) Finally, throw in the chopped flat leaf parsley and give it a few tosses before you off the fire.
7) The vegetables should be cooked but yet crunchy. (Pressure Point: Don't overcook it if not it becomes soggy and soft. Look at your bean sprouts for a good gauge. It should still be crunchy without having the raw taste)
8) Then remove the vegetables from your wok into a strainer and a bowl to collect the sauce. You can reuse the sauce for your other cooking since all the vegetable stock flavour is in there. Don't waste it!
9) Then, cut the tofu puffs by doing a slit on just one side of the square. Then you blanch the tofu puff with hot water for just 1-2 mins.
10) Finally, you stuff in the veggies!
This is the healthy version which I prefer!! As you feel so happy and guiltless eating this!
For the deep fried version, you basically pound the garlic, salt and black peppercorns (for some spice if you like)
Then add plain flour to a mixing bowl, together with one egg and some water enough to just dissolve the flour and throw in the pounded garlic,salt and pepper.
Then submerge it with your puffs and deep fry them!
Here's the outcome!