Result: I preferred the buttermilk taste... as I am quite sure the KFC recipe being shared in Facebook was probably a spam since I doubt they will reveal their real recipe online.
Anyway, here's the buttermilk recipe
- buttermilk (enough to cover your chicken in a bag)
- salt (2 TB)
- freshly ground black pepper (1/2 tsp)
- dried rosemary herbs (1 tsp)
- 1/2 onion finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic finely grated
- paprika (1/2 tsp)
Soak the above ingredients overnight in a bag together with your chicken
1) After soaking your chicken overnight with the above ingredients, you prepare a plate of all purpose flour/ plain flour, together with garlic powder and onion powder (1 TB each) and paprika (1 tsp)
2) Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, pat dry it with paper towels, remove any herbs from the chicken and cover them with the seasoned flour.
3) Finally, just deep fry them with vegetable oil