Nuffnang Ads

Monday, September 23, 2013

Buttermilk Fried Chicken

Just last week, I finally got down to my fried chicken experiment which I have been procrastinating in trying- buttermilk fried chicken versus KFC chicken. A while back, my friend posted a KFC chicken recipe in Facebook and challenged me to try.

Result: I preferred the buttermilk taste... as I am quite sure the KFC recipe being shared in Facebook was probably a spam since I doubt they will reveal their real recipe online.

Anyway, here's the buttermilk recipe

Ingredients
- buttermilk (enough to cover your chicken in a bag)
- salt (2 TB)
- freshly ground black pepper (1/2 tsp)
- dried rosemary herbs (1 tsp)
- 1/2 onion finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic finely grated
- paprika (1/2 tsp)

Soak the above ingredients overnight in a bag together with your chicken



Steps
1) After soaking your chicken overnight with the above ingredients, you prepare a plate of all purpose flour/ plain flour, together with garlic powder  and onion powder (1 TB each) and paprika (1 tsp)

2) Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, pat dry it with paper towels, remove any herbs from the chicken and cover them with the seasoned flour.




3) Finally, just deep fry them with vegetable oil


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment