This is a simple, yet tasty recipe for the whole family. Each time I cooked this, my children simply asks for more servings. You will regret it if you do not cook this dish for your family. It is so easy!
- light soya sauce (4 TB)
- mirin (4 TB)
- Sake (2 TB)
- Sugar (1 TB)
- Boneless chicken thigh or chicken leg (do not remove the skin)
- For garnish, spring onions, shredded seaweed (get from supermarket Jap section), white sesame seeds
* You can now easily get mirin from supermarkets under the Japanese section. As for Sake, I did not buy as it is an ingredient which I seldom use in my cooking. So I replaced that with Chinese xo wine which I have. I am guessing any cooking wine also can.
1) Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2) Marinate the chicken with salt and black pepper for at least 30 mins
3) use a flat pan, no need oil, place the chicken in the pan with the skin face down, pan fried for about 3 mins till abit golden in colour( medium heat )
4) Add the mixed teriyaki sauce to the pan and allow the chicken to simmer till the sauce is dry (low heat)
5) Keep turning the chicken so that both sides will absorb the sauce
6) Remove from pan once the chicken is cooked and nicely browned.
7) Finally top up with spring onions, shredded seaweed and white sesame seeds
Best served with rice!