This is quite a guilt-free recipe for those who love shrimp paste chicken but refrain from eating so much because stalls outside usually deep fry them
Of course it will not be as crispy as what you find outside but its good enough and more acceptable on the waistline
Ingredients for 12 wingettes
- 1 TB Shrimp sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 TB shaoxing wine
- 1/2 cup of flour (I used corn flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- olive oil
1) Marinate the wingettes for at least 4 hours using the first 3 ingredients (Shrimp sauce, sugar and wine)
2) An hour before you bake, coat the chicken with the mixed powder- flour, baking powder and baking soda. Place them on the rack to dry before you bake an hour later.
3) Brush olive oil on them before baking
4) Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 20-25 mins, depending on oven. Turn once during half time.
Note: The shrimp sauce can be rather salty. So adjust it to your own preference.